Sister Bradley

Sister Bradley

Monday, April 3, 2017

Hello Mishawaka! - Email from Jenny April 3

Hello everyone!!
I am LOVING it in Mishawaka so far!!! :D there is a lot of good things going on with the work here! Here's a quick summary of our investigators:
  • Patrick- He is married to a returning less-active and is on date to be baptized the 22 of April
  • Reahlyn- She is 14 years old and the daughter of an excommunicated member who has been bringing his family to church. She is going to be baptized soon, her date is still being picked!
  • Ethan- He is Reahlyn's little brother and wants to be baptized as well, he is 10 years old and is such a good kid!
  • Lisa- She is the daughter of an older less active, and wants to be baptized but is having a hard time quitting smoking. She says she has the desire to do things but is struggling to commit to do them. Please pray for her!!!
So Mishawaka is 3 hours North of where I was previously serving (it borders Michigan)! There is a a lot broader distribution of wealth, which is always good for missionary work, and the people here have all been super nice so far! :) The members treat us so well here and are willing to do anything for us! My companion is Sister Murray and she is wonderful!!! She is super diligent and is a super good teacher. She has been on her mission for a year now, and has been in Mishawaka for 4 1/2 months so she knows the area really well.
I also went through the tramatic experience of having an 8 year old girl who was recently baptized (her mom is less-active) not like me because I replaced Sister Santiago who she LOVED so dearly. She wouldn't talk to me the first time I came over, and the second time she didn't want to talk to me or have anything to do with me initially but she warmed up to me by the end :)
I hope you all enjoyed General Conference as much as I did!! It is so refreshing to hear the words of God's chosen mouthpieces here on earth. I think one of my favorite talks was by M. Russell Ballard about goals and having a vision. He said something along the lines of "Happiness is knowing which goals are noteworthy." Are our goals aligning with our ultimate goal of returning to live with God? Do our plans, or the things we do, match up with that goal to make it a reality? Make good choices my friends :)

Funny Story: I was driving and exiting a highway and on the off ramp there was a white goose standing in the middle of the road. I couldn't swerve around it and I didn't want to hit it, so I ended up just stopping, expecting it to move. It looked at us and just stood there, so I started honking at and it still didn't want to budge. I started creeping forward and then the goose decided it would nonchalantly walk to the side of the road...only in Indiana :) haha

Serving with a Smile,
Sister Bradley

This is Sister Bitter's new companion! Fresh out of the MTC!! Welcome Sister Arlint!​

 ​Sister Santiago is going home back to Puerto Rico :(​

 ​Sister Gregerson is leaving to! She will be missed!!​


No comments:

Post a Comment