Sister Bradley

Sister Bradley

Monday, May 15, 2017

Miracles be happening' in Mishawaka - Email from Jenny May 15

Hello Friends and Family!!  I wanted to give a quick shout out to my Mom for being such a wonderful lady! You are the best! Keep being the extraordinary lady you are!!

We had some pretty cool things happen to us this week!
1. At church, during the sacrament, this guy named Randy started calling us. I had no idea who this guy was, and I looked at Sister Murray and she told me that he used to investigate but they dropped him in January because he wouldn't keep commitments. We were pretty confused as to why he was calling, so we stepped outside after the sacrament and apparently he was trying to find the church!!! We stayed on the phone with Randy for like 10 minutes and directed him to the church over the phone!!! Pretty cool miracle to know that God is still preparing those who have stopped investigating and it is a testimony to me that because we are trying our hardest to work and be obedient, that God is presenting us with opportunities to teach His children!
2. We were dropping by little mother's day gifts to potential investigators and I was prompted to give one to a lady named Jennifer Lubelski who we had met before but was so busy with work that she was unable to meet with us. The timing was so perfect yesterday! We caught her right before she was about to leave for Michigan and she had literally just quit her job earlier that week!! That means she has way more time now for God in her life!! We offered service and invited her to church for the Spiritual renewal she was in need of after being in her taxing job for so long and she agreed to come!
3. We saw Lisa (an investigator who was really struggling to keep simple commitments like praying, reading scriptures and coming to church) on Wednesday and WOW what a meeting! She had read her scriptures and was so ready to start doing what God asks her to do. We talked a LOT about faith and repentance and she completely agreed that she really wanted to start showing her faith and repenting of her sins! This is the most effort she has shown in months! So we are very excited to start working with her again! :)
4. We are working with an 8 year old little girl named Ivy who is neighbors and super good friends with an 8 year old recently baptized member! She loves us and so we started teaching her, and on the last lesson we invited her dad to sit in, and he was completely okay with the things we were teaching her (he is Catholic in background, so we were a little nervous) and he was the one who encouraged her to come to church Sunday even though Ivy was a little nervous and unsure if she wanted to go! :) (oh, and she loves it and wants to come every Sunday!)
5. We have been trying really hard to help Linda (cute 80 year old lady) see the importance of praying every single day morning and night. After explaining our relationship to God and how he is literally our Father and how if we want a relationship with Him, we have to talk to Him!! By the end of the discussion, she said,"I want to make a promise. I am going to faithfully commit to saying my prayers everyday." Yay!!! (oh, and I am going to toot my own horn for a second, I didn't freak out and was able to keep teaching and remain calm when we saw a mouse cross the floor in the other room :) haha)

Update on Doug, he has a Baker's cyst (we thought that was kinda funny because his last name is Baker) in his leg and has been in a ton of pain. We only met with him once, but he was able to come to church still even with all the pain he was experiencing! He has surgery today, so hopefully all goes well!

Patrick has been facing a lot of opposition, and can use a lot of prayers right now!!! He just had to have surgery because he had an abscess, so he has been going through a lot right now.

I decided this week that I wanted to focus on a Christlike attribute a week, so I started from the beginning of the list they have in Preach My Gospel and focused on Faith. I saw an extremely different attitude in myself as I did missionary work. The things that we get to do as missionaries that would normally make me nervous were a lot less scary as I turned to the Lord and showed my faith in Him. As I relied on Him, I felt an increase of faith and an increase desire to work. It is amazing how the more you give to the Lord, the more He gives back to you in blessings. 

I love you all! Remember who you are and what you stand for!

Serving with a Smile,
Sister Bradley

 1.Channeling our inner childhood :)


2.Road trips can get pretty crazy...

 3.One of Sister Murray's favorites, I am not sure why though ;)


 4.LOL I can't with these cheesy church signs... I think they were trying to say happy Mother's day?

No comments:

Post a Comment