Sister Bradley

Sister Bradley

Monday, December 4, 2017

The Lord's hand is in all things - Email from Jenny

God's timing is so unpredictable, so perfect, and so confusing all at the same time, and I wouldn't have it any other way. This past week my dear brother Tyler left this world of trial and hardship and joined all of our other loved ones who have passed on. This has not been easy, but I have witnessed so many tender mercies from the Lord throughout this experience, and learned so many things about myself and about the glory of God's great plan, I know it couldn't have happened any other way.

I have learned more deeply the power of Heavenly Father's love. I love Tyler, and then I thought of the love my Mother has for Tyler, and then I realized how much love Heavenly Father has for my brother, and I knew he would be okay. Heavenly Father knows him perfectly, as well as me, and I have been able to apply that into numerous aspects of my work as a missionary. It can apply to my companion who has been struggling, the people we meet who aren't very nice to us, the strangers we get to serve and love as the Savior would.

The power of service is incredible. I felt incredible joy through the many service opportunities Heavenly Father provided for us even through the sorrow I felt. I have been told time and time again that when things get hard, you need to serve others, but you know, I am not sure if I ever believed that, but WOW do I ever have a strong testimony of that now. We had a moment of impromptu service when we were driving into our apartment complex and saw a lady in her 50s and a lady in her 70s trying to wheel this massive mattress to the dumpster. We immediately pulled over and offered to help, it brought such smiles to their faces and a sigh of relief to the 70 year old haha, we then offered to help them move later that week, which was not only a blessing to them, but an even GREATER blessing to me in my time of need. We then passed off our investigators Chantise and Jordan (the 13 year old girl and 7 year old boy) to the sisters in Indianapolis, and were blessed to help them move as well. Not only did they feel a burden of relief but my burdens were lifted as well. They are now passed off to the Indianapolis sisters who will take good care of them :) on top of all of this we have been sharing #LightTheWorld with as many people as we can which is all based on service and sharing Christ's light with others. "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." (Matt 25:40)

We were also blessed to have the son of a Part member family become one of our new investigators. The only hold up for him might be his dad not wanting him to be baptized, but he is 11 now, and hopefully his dad can respect his decision. Please pray that his heart will be soft!!

Last, but not least, I received a priesthood blessing during all of this and word for word Heavenly Father told me, "You are exactly where you need to be." I know this is true, there is no other place I could've learned these precious lessons. I am so grateful to an all knowing, all wise Father in Heaven who has blessed me beyond measure for serving Him these past 14 months. Come what may, and LOVE it.

Serving with a smile,
Sister Bradley

Pictures :)
 1. These Elders were pretty proud of this picture...and the King size mattress they somehow managed to cram up the stairs.

2. The moving crew! Jordan, Amelia, and Chantise are to the right of me and Sister Degener :)

No comments:

Post a Comment