Sister Bradley

Sister Bradley

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Email From Jenny: Thu, Sept 29 at 2:27pm

This past week has been a blast!!! It has gone by so fast! Especially the nights...I'm not sure where my sleep goes haha anyway, I know I told all of you once, but I have been blessed with the privilege and opportunity to sing in general conference on the Saturday afternoon session. We have been busy at work and the Lord has definitely blessed us with a miracle. Usually groups prepare for conference for 4 months!!! 4 MONTHS!! We have only had 9 days to prepare for this and we all come from different singing backgrounds and have so many other things to think about, but I know the Lord needs our testimonies in song at conference to be a tool to bless people's lives or else there is absolutely no way we could have pulled off what we have accomplished. I know it has definitely blessed my life and strengthened my testimony as well, so please watch! I know that it will bless your life and strengthen our testimonies of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! For those of you who don't know what time it is at visit lds.org and you will find all the information there! :) the talks by our prophets and apostles will be amazing too, I know they are called of God and will deliver you a message you need in your life and answer questions you may have!

Believe it or not, within the first couple of days of being here at the Missionary Training Center they have us teaching people! Geesh they sure do trust us...haha Sister Powell and I had lessons with a man named Kai and let me just tell you how amazing the Lord's love is. I seriously spent a total of an 1 and a half hours with this man and I felt so much love and concern for him. He had a poor experience with God where he prayed and he felt he hadn't received an answer and therefore he wasn't sure God existed and so for 13 years he didn't pray. That is a very long time. After learning this Sister Powell and I found a Mormon Message called the "The Hope of God's Light" (you should all watch it, it's awesome) and it set a beautiful tone for the lesson. We talked to Kai about Jesus Christ and how he is there to help us no matter what we are going through, and that Christ, just like our Heavenly Father loves us so much. Kai really opened up and committed to attempt to pray after being so discouraged. We talked to him about patience and how sometimes we aren't ready for God's answer and we just have to trust His timing because He truly knows what's best for us! I invite all of you to put a little bit more trust in the Lord, just like we were asking Kai to do. I know that everyone of us can demonstrate putting this trust in Him a different way and that we will all be incredibly blessed for it. I want to hear about your experiences with this, who knows, you might help one of my investigators!

Oh, and for the last 2 weeks I am here at the MTC there is this website called dearelder.comwhere you can type me a letter and I receive it the same day! So I'd love to hear from you!

Serving with a Smile,
Sister Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment