Sister Bradley

Sister Bradley

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Email From Jenny: Thu Oct 6, 10:40am

Well this is my last preparation day in the MTC! The time has flown by so fast! It has made me appreciate the time I do have here. A lot of people complain and just want to go to the field but I really have found a lot of joy here because I have tried to focus on living in the moment! Just like the quote from President Hinckley's wife says "The trick is to enjoy life. Don't waste away your days waiting for better ones ahead." I know as we focus on where we currently are and find the joy right where we are in life, we will be able to find it, and then be even more grateful to God for allowing us to have that joy because in reality that is all God wants for us.
I have learned something super super important when teaching and that is to FOCUS ON CHRIST! I cannot explain how much better and easier lessons go when we always bring everything back to Jesus Christ. For He is the reason that there are so many missionaries around the world. He is the reason we can be with our families forever. He is the reason we can feel peace in this life. He is the reason we can repent and return to live with our Heavenly Father someday. The Spirit loves to testify of truth when we talk about that. And oh the tender mercies He gives to us, if only we will recognize His hand in our lives. For example, last night there was a sister in our zone having struggles but she doesn't want to admit them and the other sisters told my companion and I because we are the Sister Training Leaders and we were kind of at a loss for what to do because it isn't something we as teenage girls know how to deal with, in other words she needs a professional. We decided we would pray that night and make a concrete decision in the morning on what to do. Literally 5 minutes later guess who shows up? A sister from the branch presidency!!! One of the very people who could help with this problem WAAAY more than we could. We explained to her what was going on and she expressed her gratefulness in letting her know what was going on. I know Heavenly Father loves that sister who is struggling and He sent us someone who could help with the situation. I know that is a simple example, and there are so many other tender mercies that have happened but it is proof that God is involved in the details of all of our lives and He cares so much about us. I invite all of you to take time everyday and write in your journal the way you have seen God's hand in your life. Pray to Him for help to find it if you are struggling, I know He will help you, just as He has helped me. I have done this here in the MTC and it has been such a blessing to me.
I love you all so much! I am so grateful so many of you watched conference! What an amazing experience that was to hear the words of our Prophets and apostles! Thank you for your prayers!
 On Monday I leave for Indiana! I can't believe the time has gone so fast! I don't think I've ever laughed this much in my life, or felt so tired, or felt so good. The gospel is true my friends and family and will bring you so much happiness. 

Serving with a Smile,
Sister Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment