Sister Bradley

Sister Bradley

Monday, November 28, 2016

Email from Jenny (Mon, November 28 7:56am) & Bonus Pictures


Thanksgiving Week!!
I hope all of you had an outstanding Thanksgiving with family and friends! :) I am grateful to say that a wonderful family had us over for Thanksgiving, and we were able to enjoy turkey, ham, pie, stuffing, and games :) It was really nice! It is really cool to see how the people in the Zionsville Branch all look out for each other too because they all invited each other over and made sure everyone had a place to go for dinner.

A SUPER cool tradition that I was able to take part in was our Relief Society president's annual Pie Day. Let me tell you that this lady is a Rockstar! She made 25 different home-made pies with multiples of several of them!! So she made like 50 pies!!! Could you imagine that?!? Not to mention that her pie day is the day after Thanksgiving, so add the stress of that! She invites anyone and everyone to this tradition and this year 159 people showed up!!! All the pies were soooooo yummy and it was such an enjoyable event! However, I think the best part might be that she charts how much of each pie was eaten and left over so she knows if it is good enough for her to make the next year :) Sister Dittmer is one of a kind that's for sure! She is also retired, and not to mention she is going to a David Archuleta concert tonight which makes her even cooler :) haha

Back to the spiritual good stuff, this week I have been thinking a lot about my personal goals as a missionary and where I want to be personally by the end of my mission. I took some time to write down my personal goals and I intend to read this often to remind me of what I want to let God make of me on my mission. I think making goals is a great way to show us where our priorities are as people. We are here on earth to learn, grow and improve, and I know it's cliche, but the only person you can measure yourself against is yourself. If you are doing better than you were yesterday, you can count that as a personal success :) I invite all of you to look at your life now, and where you want it to be and to make a plan of how to get there. I know that if you consult God in this plan He will help you achieve these goals because He wants you to improve.

Update on everyone:
-Carla is in the hospital with pneumonia and is have issues with her blood pressure. She wasn't able to make it to the temple this past week due to this so please pray for her health!
-Dawn (last new investigator we found) hasn't been home the past couple times we have gone to see her, so pray that we will be able to meet her again.
-Brian is finally going to meet with us again this Friday! We have prayed and have been prompted to teach him about the importance of prayer and how he can receive answers to his prayers through faith. Please pray that the Spirit will be with us and we will be able to help him feel that Spirit and understand the importance of prayer!
-BJ is a man we met this week who is a band teacher and is looking for God in his life. He is not in our area but we referred him to the missionaries in his area so hopefully they can meet with him soon! Pray for his heart to continue to be open!

Thanksgiving with the Jessop Family (+the Cheeks and Kimberly) and a photo of the Famous Sister Dittmer and her pies :)

Bonus Items:
Elder Grieve Sent the following picture to his mom who then in turn sent it my way, with this message "This was taken by Elder Grieve on Thanksgiving day.  Thought you might like it."
Jenny had also wrote me (sister Sarah) in an email "so on Thanksgivnig we went to IUPUI campus to play football (meaning the elders play and the sisters talk ) haha but I got to see elder Grieve!! :D it was so awesome to see a friendly face on thanksgiving :) We talked for a super long time just getting an update on everything which was a tender mercy that day for sure!!"

And Jenny's sister Laura found this picture on Facebook.  It was posted by her friend Alisha Brandon.  Looks like she was in attendance of the 'Annual Pie Day' that Jenny had spoke of in her email.  

No comments:

Post a Comment