Sister Bradley

Sister Bradley

Monday, November 21, 2016

Email From Jenny: Monday November 14, 8:12 am

Another Week Already?!
Hello Friends and Family! I can't believe how fast the time is going?! That's crazy! Is the time going fast for all of you too? I feel like yesterday it was Halloween and now it is the middle of November!

Well, first off, I just want to start by telling all of you how grateful I am to have the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. Seriously though. With every person I meet I have an increased gratitude for the light and knowledge I have. There are so many people out there that are content without progressing and becoming better and it brings me such sadness! Please, for those of you who are members, reflect on where you would be in your life if you didn't have the Gospel. Not in a good place right? Living the Gospel - meaning increasing faith, repenting and making covenants (taking the sacrament) with Heavenly Father, and enduring, or continually going through this process again and again - is what brings us true and lasting peace in this life. Do you need more peace or maybe you feel you are lacking the peace, love and joy that I am speaking of? Live the Gospel more. It is so simple and so challenging, it has the ability to stretch every single one of us beyond anything we can make of ourselves without God. 

Thank you so much for all of your prayers!! WE FINALLY FOUND AN INVESTIGATOR!!!! On Thursday, we had a rough day (nothing new, we kind of are used to it lol) but we made a special effort to see this man who said 9am was the best time for him and he totally rejected us! So that made me pretty sad. Sister Harris was sad because she got her call about the information for going home, and we pretty much were rejected at every door we knocked on. Tracting was right before dinner, and it was like 7 minutes until dinner down the street at a members house. We had knocked on like 5 doors and I wasn't super enthusiastic about knocking on another thinking maybe we should just go to dinner early....but I remembered the "Fourth Floor, Last Door" talk by Uchtdorf (read it if you haven't) and decided one more rejection wouldn't kill me haha We knock and a lady answered the door. She goes to Trader's Point church which is like a recreation center more than a church! There is seriously an indoor park there and slides!!! No wonder people are content with this! We taught her the  restoration and the Spirit was super strong during the First Vision which I had the privilege of reciting :)  She said we could call Monday night and that we could come back! YAY!!!! This is the first person in weeks to say we could come back!!!

I know God is looking out for us and answers our prayers in His timing which is perfect. I often ask myself, what is the purpose for this work (and life in general actually) being so hard? And then the words of Elder Holland come to mind: "Salvation is not a cheap experience." 

Remember who you are and what you stand for my friends!!

Serving with a Smile,
Sister Bradley​​​​​​​
 ​I found Easy St. everyone! (Annie the musical reference)​


 ​Taco Bell after Zone Service (Sister santiago at top, Sister Greggerson underneath her)​

 ​Servants of the Lord​

​A treat a Less Active gave us in Sheridan...NASTY!! Tasted like smoke! 

1 comment: