Sister Bradley

Sister Bradley

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Happy New Year, Email From Jenny Mon Jan 2

Happy New  Year!!! Woah, 2016 is already over! It amazes me that the year went by so fast, yet so much has happened!

This has been a crazy week! We went to Sheridan for a last time and said goodbye to Sisters Blue and Trent. Sister Trent took us to dinner and fed us her top secret home-made fudge :) we definitely have been treated well this holiday considering we have a whole counter designated to treats people have given us for the holidays :) I guess they thought we needed some extra insulation haha

Saturday was a really exciting day for us. It started out with a Transfer call from President Carlson. He told Sister Harris she was going home, and asked me if I was up for a challenge. Of course I reply "yes" and he tells me that I will have the opportunity to train a new missionary. Needless to say, I am excited and a bit anxious to find out who I will be training, but I know God has His hand in the work, so by trusting Him, I feel a lot more calm. :) And I keep telling myself, "God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called." He also told Sister Wilkenson she will be leaving Lebanon and going to Bloomington.

After that, we were able to teach a lesson to Eric Bruin. Flashback: A couple weeks ago, we were sitting in the car and I had the distinct prompting to call Eric Bruin. Missionaries had been encouraging us to contact him, but we didn't have any records on him, so we were having difficulty doing so. We found his number in our phone, and tried contacting him for a couple weeks. But, in that moment, I picked up the phone and called him, expecting to not receive an answer, but guess what...he answered!!! He told us school was crazy because he was taking 18 credit hours...yikes. We told him we would contact him after Christmas when things calmed down, and that brings us to the lesson. We find out he is a business major, and graduating soon. He met missionaries at the college campus and is appalled by the anti-religion culture he found at Indiana University. That is why he talked to the missionaries. He met with them a couple times, but lost contact for a period of time until we contacted him. HE IS GOLDEN. He has a Catholic background, but is very intuitive and had a lot of questions that his faith was just not answering. When he met with the missionaries, those questions started to be answered without him even vocalizing them. He said he needed a refresher since it has been a while, so we taught him the first lesson. It was so wonderful seeing the connections he was making and to be able to answer the questions that he had! He agreed with everything we taught, and was amazed that we don't have a paid ministry and so we invited him to be baptized and he said yes!!! I was fighting so so hard to contain the joy I felt while we were teaching him!!! Brothers and Sisters, this church is true. If we open our hearts and embrace it with our whole souls it will fill us with peace and joy found no where else. I literally was giddy and smiled for hours after this! I had even forgotten I was hungry because we hadn't had lunch and it was 3:30

The Gospel is real. I invite you at the start of this New Year to make goals to deepen your Faith in the Savior and to become more like Him, because I know it is this very thing that will bring you the most happiness. I love you all!

Serving with a Smile,
Sister Bradley


This is Donna, one of the cutest old ladies I have ever met! She helps with Bingo at the rest home.​

 

This is the famous Carla Pollard.
 

This is Sister Blue.  She is super in touch with mother nature and knows a ton about the earth!
 

This is Sister Trent.  She fed us delicious Mexican food with Christmas money she received!  What a sweetheart!
 

-The Carmel District- (left to right -->Johnstone, Huntington, Harris, Wilkenson, Me, Burton, Hunter)
 

(left to right -->Harris, Wilkenson, Roger, Me, Baby, DeAmber)  Roger is the man in Lebabon we have been teaching, he is 6'7" and yes, everyone tells him he reminds them of Santa haha DeAmber is Sis.Wilkenson's recent convert, she is great!
 

This is Soy, an funny Asian man from Lous.  He speaks 5 different languages and used to be Buddist.  He accepted to come to church and to read the Book of Mormon!  (We have to get him a big print copy though so he can read it haha)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment