Sister Bradley

Sister Bradley

Monday, January 30, 2017

More Inspiration to Come :) Email From Jenny, Jan 30

Hello Family and Friends!

This week we had the opportunity to listen to a Worldwide Missionary Broadcast where we received instruction from the men and woman at the head of the missionary department. SUPER AMAZING! They were able to provide much needed inspiration and refocused our missionary efforts. They said the main thing we need to do as missionaries is to preach repentance, and baptize converts. Everything we do should lead to those things :) they also made changes to the missionary schedule which means now I can go to bed an hour early according to the schedule :) #blessed

We pretty much had a meeting every day this week which made devoting time to find people a little more difficult. However, we were able to get in contact with some people that have been MIA for a while. The first was Josh whom we met at the beginning of this month. We have been trying to contact him for weeks and he finally answered the door! He was suuuuuper awkward when he told us the Mormon religion wasn't for him but still wanted us to stop by and see how he was doing. I still think Josh shows a lot of potential though (considering after talking to his mom and having her tell us he wasn't interested...) so someday down the road, Josh will want to learn more :)

The second was Jane. I met her with Sister Harris my first week in the field (yep it's been about 4 months) and we FINALLY caught her at a good time! She told us we could bring her a Book of Mormon and she gladly took it yesterday and said we could come back to talk with her about it :)

We are continuing to teach Brian and Soy. We started reviewing the Plan of Salvation with Brian again, and after talking about where we came from, Brain remarked, "wow. It makes sense." :) that's because you've heard it before :) haha and when invited to church Brain said "someday" which I know all of you will think I'm crazy for making a huge deal out of, but every time before this that we've asked him, he has brushed it off and sidestepped it. However, he is now thinking about it :) Soy is remembering things super well now! He is saying his own prayers and has cut down to one cup of coffee a day!!! He just needs to completely quit before his baptism in 2 weeks, prayers are greatly appreciated!!

This week, I have tried to put more effort into pondering during my studies so that I have the opportunity to receive revelation, and wow. What a difference it has made! There have been quite a few questions I have had, and answers have started to come as I put effort into studying them out :) the scriptures are true when they say "ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you." I challenge each of you to start studying out the questions you have and I promise you will effort on your part, they will be answered! I love you all!!! Have a marvelous week!!!

Serving with a smile :)
-Sister Bradley
Not sure if I sent this one already or not, but some members are super sweet to us and buy us bottled water :)
Selfie at the Temple :)
"I love to see the Temple!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment