Sister Bradley

Sister Bradley

Monday, September 11, 2017

Irreplaceable - Email from Jenny Sept. 11

Friends and family, I know this is Jesus Christ's church. I know it with all my heart. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the absolute only way to sure peace, complete joy, and lasting happiness and I was privileged to witness it first hand this week.

On Saturday, the lives of all who witnessed the baptism of Ryan, Janet, and Aiden Stith were changed. The room was packed with supportive members who were anxious to welcome them into the fold. The Spirit grew stronger and stronger throughout the program until that final moment when they entered into the waters of baptism to make a covenant and witness unto our Father that they individually, and as a family were prepared to follow Jesus Christ's example throughout their lives, to keep His commandments, and always remember Him.

The next day, they received the gift of the Holy Ghost, and I honestly didn't think it could get any better, but wow was I wrong. During Sacrament meeting when each of them individually went up to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost I was touch more and more by the Spirit and the gravity of what was happening. They all were so grateful and touched by their experience of receiving one of the most precious gifts our Heavenly Father has to offer us. Janet leaned over to us after she sat down and  said with a HUGE smile on her face, "I feel different! I feel so good! What a bummer you guys weren't able to experience this as an adult." Ryan said, "I feel like I could go to Disney World!! Except right now it's raining there..." Aiden said, "I feel different, I don't know how to describe it!" Sister Soloa'i and I were overcome with so many emotions. Never in my life have I felt that incredible of a joy before. This I believe is what the Brethren were talking about when they tell us:
"There is no more compelling work than this, nor any which brings greater satisfaction...The Lord will reward and richly bless you as you humbly and prayerfully serve Him. More happiness awaits you than you have ever experienced as you labor among His children." (First Presidency, PMG)
What I believe is more beautiful than this experience is what the future holds for the Stith family. This is only the beginning. God has so many more blessings in store for them as they prepare for the temple to seal their family unit so their marriage is not just "death do you part" but for "time and for all eternity" with their children.
 For a while, I couldn't figure out how I could possess so much love for a family that I knew so little about. It wasn't just surface or shallow, but deep and pure. But then my dear companion opened my eyes. We were feeling Charity, the pure love of Christ for them. I feel so blessed to be able to feel a fraction of the love that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ has for them. 
 God is so good. His love is so great. His blessings are endless to those who follow Him.

Serving with a Smile,
Sister Bradley

Pictures!

 1. We went around to ward members and had them write notes to the Stiths and then Heart attacked them the day before their baptism :)
 2. The one, the only, STITH FAMILY 

 3. Left to right: Aiden, Janet, Ryan and in front is Mark (he turned 7 on their baptism day, next year, Ryan will be able to baptize him!!!! :) Happy Birthday Mark!)
4. Best day of my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment