Sister Bradley

Sister Bradley

Monday, September 18, 2017

We have arrived Transfer 9

Hello!

Transfers were this week, and I was blessed with a wonderful new companion. Her name is Sister Alapa and is from Bountiful, Utah. Her heritage is from Hawaii, Samoa, and Tonga! I guess Mishawaka needs all the Polynesian missionaries :)

This week we did a TON of finding. We have been seeing a lot of turnover in the investigators we have, and are looking for God's elect. It used to really bother me and would make me incredibly sad when people would reject our message because I know and experience all the blessings they are currently missing, not having the fullness of the truth. However, I have come to learn there is no benefit in wasting time on those who are not prepared and will not listen right now, for "God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth." I have learned to trust in the Lord's timing for these people more, and know that He loves them more than I ever could at this time, and for this reason, " I will give thanks unto my God forever." (Alma 26:37)
This is one of our encounters this week :)
*knock knock*
*opens door*
 Lady: "Are you selling something?"
 Us: "No."
 Lady: "Who do you represent?"
 Us: "Jesus Christ"
*shuts door*
lol

One of the speakers in church yesterday talked about trials and tribulation and his message rang really true to me. He first asked us to think about the results of our lives if we were to only experience complete success: so pride, impatience with others, unsympathetic, laziness because everything is handed to us, no depth of character, intolerance with others and their incompetence, selfishness, and the list goes on.
What are the results of  trials and rejection and challenges in our lives? 
C h r i s t l i k e    A t t r i b u t e s.
Yep. Humility, empathy, compassion, charity, depth in our character, kindness to others who are struggling, a strengthened desire to work hard to progress, and a greater resolve to turn to God and rely on Him. Trials and failure have the capability of molding and shaping us into Christlike individuals, if we allow it to. I have seen time and time again in my life and on my mission that the hardest experiences produce the greatest results. Just the same happened to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The hardest and most excruciating moment of His life, the Atonement, produced  S A L V A T I O N  for  A L L  those who would follow Him. And that very event or "challenge" so to speak, that Jesus Christ so willingly and lovingly performed and endured was for US. All the trials we go through are primarily for ourselves, and maybe close individuals, but His Atonement was for us. The most difficult experience our Savior pursued and successfully committed is the center of every blessing we receive, and how grateful we are for that. Trials bring the greatest blessings.

Serving with a Smile,
Sister Bradley

Pictures:
 1. Making Pupusas with Luz and the Stiths :)

 2. Aiden and I on chef duty

3. Taaaadaaaaah!

4. Also, GUESS WHO I MET?? The one and only Emily Day's *cough cough, Emily Diamond's* sister-in-law!!! (I'm still not used to the name change haha) I know I know, crazy right?? Welcome to the mission Sister Dimond!

No comments:

Post a Comment